Your privacy is of the utmost importance to KCU and we are committed to insuring the accuracy, confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information held or controlled by this credit union. When you join KCU you provide us with sensitive information about yourself and trust us to maintain the confidentiality of that information. Please know that we value you as a member, respect your privacy and practice transparency by publishing updates/revealing exceptions to policy while indicating how information may be used.
There are several ways you can provide consent to enable KCU to collect, use or disclose your information: verbally; electronically; in writing; through an authorized representative such as a Broker, Agent or Lawyer. Sometimes we do not require your consent or may be legally prevented from requesting it. These circumstances generally revolve around debt collection, court orders and other legal matters/exceptional circumstances such as an emergency that threatens life, health or personal security. From time to time it may be necessary for KCU to contact other persons or organizations for information about yourself, including:
- Persons acting on your behalf under a power of attorney or other legal authority;
- Credit reporting agencies, other lenders and financial institutions;
- Government agencies and public registries; and
- Service providers, agents and other organizations with whom you or KCU conducts business.
COLLECTION PURPOSES AND USUAGE OF INFORMATION
KCU collects and uses your information for the following purposes:
- Verify your identity;
- Comply with applicable Laws and requirements of Regulators/Governments;
- Provide you with financial Services and process transactions;
- Understand your financial/banking needs and offer products and services to meet them;
- Insure you receive satisfactory service and obtain your views on how to improve it;
- Notify you about the business of the credit union such as election of directors and the Annual General Meeting;
- Manage and assess the operations and risks of KCU;
- Conduct research and generate statistics related to products, services, membership; and
- Protect you, other members, employees and the credit union from error, risk, fraud and criminal activity.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may be required to disclose information to other persons or organizations but under no circumstances do we sell or give member lists to other companies. The following are some examples when information may be disclosed:
- When requested by yourself;
- With your consent;
- When required or permitted by Law;
- To collect a debt owing to KCU;
- To credit reporting Agencies and other Lenders;
- To a person sharing a joint membership with you in relation to the membership; and
- To inform you of plans to sell, merge or securitize parts of our business with another entity.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND CONTACT INFORMATION
MAIL: Khalsa Credit Union 3rd FL-8788 120th Street, Surrey, BC, V3W-3N6
TOLL FREE: 1-800-324-6747