GRID POSITION: Salary Reports To CEO
LOCATION: Head Office DATE: March 2019
Reports and works closely with the CEO in matters of corporate planning and policy implementation. Directly supports and leads the Community Branch Managers in achieving branch goals and objectives while adhering to all branch operational policy and procedures. The COO will be accountable for supporting and assessing branch performance and ensuring that we achieve and exceed member expectations through organizational and operational efficiencies. Works in conjunction with the executive team with respect to strategic planning. Fluent in both Punjabi and English, COO ideally has a good network within the Canadian Sikh community to support the credit union’s business strategy.
• COO is a member of the Senior Leadership team actively participates in the development of corporate strategies and policies to build a stronger sales culture. This individual will identify short and long-term objectives and contribute to the design and development of programs aligned to our business strategies.
• Responsible for providing overall leadership, direction, and support to our retail banking operations including both the sales and service aspects within a multi-branch Credit Union.
• In conjunction with the CEO and Vice-President Credit establishing annual retail and commercial growth targets within the branch network; The COO is responsible for monitors progress towards achieving both the credit and deposit goals.
• Will support initiatives to improve and strengthen Khalsa Credit Union’s presence within the Sikh Community by building a strong business and personal relationships.
• Support and develop a marketing strategy that will allow KCU to achieve our overall business strategy. The COO will have an opportunity to initiate and build campaigns and tactics that will improve our products effectiveness.
• Oversees market research activities to identify trends, opportunities, risks, and member satisfaction; continually evaluates marketing strategy and initiatives to ensure they meet changing market and competitive conditions
• Identifies opportunities for new products and services and oversees related development and implementation activities
• Monitors and reviews the investment team’s portfolio growth/mix to ensure use of appropriate product solutions for the member.
• Leads all aspects of the promotion and delivery of our wealth management products and services.
• Ensures organizational adherence to policy, compliance, privacy, applicable government regulations, and laws, and takes corrective action.
• Ensures future integration of efforts among branch sales and service, related credit union subsidiaries and all distribution points as it relates to mutual funds and other wealth management products
• Divisional Performance: Direct control of the Operations Division, including reviewing the effectiveness of programs, policies, and approaches, short and long-term planning activities, service excellence, divisional goals, and objectives. Will also be responsible for audit findings to ensure KCU is compliant.
• Strategic Planning: Develop, implement, and evaluate strategic plans, goals, and objectives for the Operations Division, consistent with the Credit Union’s mission and strategic plan, including taking the lead role in the analysis of current operational issues, systems, and procedures and future requirements of the organization as a whole. Initiate the development of specific goals and objectives, setting priorities for planning, and implementing strategies. Develop opportunities for employees to have input into the branch network overall strategic plan, goals and objectives.
• Budget: Play lead role in the divisional budget process, directing the preparation of both operating and capital plans, as well as long-range plans, to ensure the needs of the Credit Union are met in the areas of operations. Act as a consultant to managers on budget issues. Ensure adherence to budget by managing an ongoing review of the capital and operating budgets within the Operations Division
• Risk: You are responsible for all the risks associated with your department including but not limited to the following:
• Risk if members/potential members as customers not satisfied with KCU’s products and services
• Risk of unexpected and sudden unfavorable conditions for CU’s operations
• Risk if key third parties do not perform responsibilities as contracted or as needed
• Risk if KCU fails to meet obligations in contracts which KCU has entered into within the parameters of the Enterprise Risk Management framework
• Policy: Oversee policy development, including identifying areas for revision based on research, evaluation and system requirements.
• Developing/Coaching: Work directly with your leaders and provide hands-on coaching and direction to support their growth and further build their skills.
• Liaisons: Develop and manage relationships both within and outside KCU to enhance and support the needs of our organization.
• Board: Effectively build a relationship with board members; There will be a responsibility to attend specific board meetings to provide insights on the progress made with respect to your areas of responsibility.
• Performance Management: Monitor overall performance for all direct reports which includes providing, ongoing feedback on a consistent basis. Complete year-end reviews to support closing capability gaps to improve engagement levels.
• Proven success in a team leadership environment with the ability to motivate and encourage branch managers to effectively execute against our corporate goals.
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, planning and communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to change and process management.
• Proven ability to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute long-term strategies.
• Accomplished skills in coaching and mentoring to maximize employee development and encourage creative thinking and continuous learning.
• Proven responsiveness to the needs of the stakeholders, supported by an acute awareness of the impact of actions.
• Proven ability to achieve problem resolution with a global perspective in order to incorporate the Credit Union’s systems and strategies when developing viable solutions
• Strong negotiation, mediation and facilitation skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years experiences working in a senior leadership role which includes the responsibility for developing talent, implementing strategies and executing against strategic plans.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• This role will primarily be dealing with members of the Sikh community.
Email at: email@example.com